We all love box braids. Big box braids are not only stylish but also a versatile option when it comes to protective hair styling.
For the most part, box braids help promote hair growth, are easy to maintain and are equally durable. Doing big box braids with rubber bands helps take out the frustrating part of installing the braiding hair to your natural hair.
If you are looking for an easy natural hair protective braided hairstyle to do in record time, big box braids are the way to go.
Here’s what you need to install big box braids with rubber bands:
- A rat tail comb
- Braiding Hair – Remember to factor in the length when buying the braiding hair
- Shine n Jam Conditioning Gel
- Rubber bands
Step-by Step: How to do Big Box Braids with Rubber Bands
- Wash, condition and detangle your hair. Use a sulphate-free moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair well moisturized because brittle strands can result in hair damage when braiding. Use a dry hair towel to remove the excess water from your hair.
- When you are done, straighten or blow dry your hair at the lowest heat setting to prevent damage and make the braiding process a little easier. Don’t forget to oil your scalp since it’s the foundation of the hairstyle.
- Section off your hair in big square boxes, dividing it from ear to ear according to the number of braids you want on your head. Apply a conditioning gel to each of the parted sections to tame the fly-aways and get a better hold of the hair close to the roots while moving towards the tip.
- Secure the parted hair sections with a rubber band for a super clean look. Once you are done, you can now start braiding.
- To start braiding, divide one section secured with a rubber band in three different parts and braid the sections in a typical 3-strand braid from the root of the hair as you move along its length. Braid the hair firmly without pulling it or creating tension on the scalp.
- Repeat the same process on every section of the hair until you are done with the whole head.
- Apply mousse all over the head to add a little shine and smooth down the hair. Then, use edge control to lay your edges.
That’s how to do big box braids with rubber bands.
Big Box Braids
For some inspiration of big box braids, see the pictures below:
1. Colorful, Big Box Braids Bob
Get a colorful and eye-catching hairstyle with big box braids bob. This style is perfect for those who want a shorter look but still want to make a statement. The colorful braids will add fun and dimension to your hair, and the bob cut will give you a sleek and modern look.
2. Long Big Box Braids
Achieve a bold and beautiful look with long big box braids. This style is perfect for those who want a bit of length and volume in their hair. This style is perfect for those who want a low-maintenance hairstyle that still makes a statement.
3. Box Braided Bob
Get a low maintenance and chic hairstyle with box braided bob. This style is perfect for those who want a shorter look but still want to add some texture and dimension to their hair. The box braids will give you a unique and modern look, while the bob cut will give you a sleek and polished look.
4. Bright Blonde Braids
Brighten up your look with bright blonde braids. This style is perfect for those who want to add some lightness to their hair and stand out from the crowd. The bright blonde color will add a fun and modern touch to your braids, and the braids themselves will give you a unique and textured look.
5. Twisted Braids
Get a unique and elegant look with twisted braids. This style is perfect for those who want to add some texture and dimension to their hair. The twisted braids will give you a beautiful and intricate look that is sure to turn heads
6. Big Braids with a Pop Red
Make a statement with big braids and a pop of red. This style is perfect for those who want to add some color and fun to their hair. The big braids will give you a bold and beautiful look, while the pop of red will add an unexpected touch.
7. Bold Box Braids
Stand out from the crowd with bold box braids. This style is perfect for those who want a bold and beautiful look. The box braids will give you a unique and textured look that is sure to turn heads
8. Big Purple Box Braids
Make a statement with big purple box braids. This style is perfect for those who want to add some color and fun to their hair. The big box braids will give you a bold and beautiful look, while the purple color will add a fun and unexpected touch
9. Accessorized Big Box Braids
Add some flair to your hair with accessorized big box braids. This style is perfect for those who want to add some fun and personality to their hair.
10.Half-Up, Half-Down Style
Get a versatile and stylish look with half-up, half-down style. This style is perfect for those who want a more formal look with a bit of a casual touch. The top half of the hair will be styled in a formal and polished way, while the bottom half will be left down for a more relaxed look.
Unlock Your Perfect Hairdo! (FREE QUIZ)
Take our hair quiz to unlock your perfect hairstyle! Get personalized recommendations based on your hair type, face shape, and lifestyle. Say goodbye to bad hair days and hello to your best look yet!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.